Sixth Avenue Elementary School Dress Code Policy
2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
Uniforms are not be required at Sixth Avenue Elementary. Please follow these dress code guidelines:
- Must have sleeves that cover the top of the shoulder (No sleeveless shirts including, but not limited to tank-tops, spaghetti straps or muscle shirts)
- Must not be revealing (No low-cut or midriff baring shirts)
- Shorts and skirts must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee or shorter than the length of the fingertips from the knee
- No sagging
- No clothing or accessories that are offensive, see through, gang related, or that may disrupt the learning environment.
- No headwear including hats, caps, do-rags, or bandanas, except those worn for religious reasons.
- Parents will be contacted when these dress codes are not followed.
- Sixth Avenue Elementary reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of student clothing.
- 1st violation – verbal warning
- 2nd violation – verbal warning and written reminder
- 3rd violation – parent phone call by classroom teacher
- 4th violation – classroom teacher communicates to administrators or Behavior TOSA so they can have a conversation with the parents